Healthy Hair - Amazing Foods for Healthy Hair
1. Salmon is loaded with omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin B-12 and iron, all of which keep hair lustrous and strong and the scalp well-moisturized so your hair doesn’t appear dull and dry.
2. Dark green veggies such as spinach and broccoli are packed with vitamins A and C that help the body produce sebum which is hair’s natural conditioner. Leafy green veggies also contain iron and calcium that strengthen your hair.
3. Beans are rich in protein and promote healthy hair growth.
4. Nuts carry many benefits for hair. Brazil nuts contain the mineral selenium, which helps hair grow thick and shiny. Walnuts are high in alpha-linoleic acid, an omega-3 fatty acid that can help keeping hair moisturized. Walnuts, as well as cashews, pecans and almonds are all great sources of Zinc which can prevent hair-loss.
5. Eggs are also a great source of protein and contain biotin and vitamin B-12 which are essential to hair health.
6. Whole grain bread and fortified whole grain breakfast cereals are full of vitamin B and healthy mineral like zinc and iron.
7. Low fat dairy products are abundant in calcium which help to fortify hair. Skim milk, yogurt and cottage cheese are all good choices.
8. Carrots are a terrific source of Vitamin A which can improve the condition of the scalp and grow shiny, strong hair.
9. Water isn’t only a reliable way to hydrate the body but hair drinks up too. A quarter of the weight of hair comes from water.
10. Cucumbers are not only rich in water, but also silica. Silica is a mineral that has been found to promote hair growth.