Important Facts about Natural Skin Care
However, if you are planning to choose really effective care for your skin, here are some little known facts you should be aware of.
1. While drinking plenty of water is great for your internal organs and helps to hydrate your skin from the inside out, it’s not really much accomplishing all alone. Drinking only lot of water will just make you pee-pee a lot. Drinking lots of water and eating foods rich in Omega 3 fatty acids really accomplishes the job of keeping your skin hydrated and supple.
Read more: What Causes Oily Skin
2. When your skin is really dry and cracked, moisturizing is helpful. But exfoliating then moisturizing yields better results. Think about this, would you add a layer of paint to a cracked up wall? Of course not. The paint would peel off in no time. Instead, you would smooth down the wall’s surface before painting it. It is a similar principle with treating dry, cracked skin. You must get rid of the old/ dead skin cells to reveal a fresh layer of skin before adding moisturizer to it.
3. During winter, your skin is more prone to dehydration due to being exposed to indoor heat, especially at night when your skin loses most of its moisture. Use a humidifier in your bedroom to add moisture back into the air. Also turn down your thermostat or radiator temperature if you can.
4. Cream moisturizers and lotion moisturizers are both effective but the difference between the two is that creams prevent your skin’s moisture from evaporating while lotions help your skin to appear more radiant. People of color tend to have drier skin on the body and fair better with creams or body balms during the dry or winter months.
Read: External Factors that Affect the Skin
5. An effective moisturizer must have water as the first ingredient listed on the label followed by light oil as the second ingredient. Oils such as mineral oil are too heavy and only sit on top of the skin.